Sunday, November 10, 2013

house 3: agyness deyn - cutting out metal boxes

I've decided to make each of the parts of the house out of a different type of metal; brass, copper and titanium. The construction of these was the most time consuming part of the model.


The titanium looked too similar in colour to the acrylic, so I heated it on the stove to turn it a blue/purple colour to give it some contrast.



I tried folding the titanium into the cube shapes which was an extremely difficult activity.


This really was the best I could do and so it seemed I had to cut out all the sides using a saw and then soldering them back together at the end.


I also saw pierced some patterns into the panels which make up the fronts of the buildings.




I also etched into some of the panels using a dremel.

No comments:

Post a Comment